PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2016, 10:03
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EIBoston
It doesn't really matter if you don't see a basis for ORK-BOS. Only matters what NAI thinks. Why would they go to all the trouble in this and not start the route? Yes I know they can now start any route they like(??) but I doubt if they were going to go flat out getting support from DAA and Irish authorities and then turn around and not operate the route in question. Your cynicism on this whole NAI issue makes me think you actually don't want the service to start and it is in fact a very personal thing with you. Very strange tbh.
I've made valid and true points, and all you've done is make poor counter arguments! You're well aware why NAI wanted the licence, why they used Cork as political bait and why they now won't start a service, its all quite clear and makes sence.

Norwegian want an Irish licence so that it can continue to find loopholes to further erode working conditions for us in the aviation industry, if I take it personally anywhere it is here. Cork doesn't have a transatlantic route and the local populace feel strongly about this, it will gain political support as Irish people seem to think the government have the power to interfere with private businesses (see Aer Lingus at Shannon, and also how many Irish people expect high welfare, the best healthcare, the best schools and colleges, the best infrastructure as well as no taxes to pay for it).

Norwegian get DAA support because they know it'll make the DAA look like they are actually doing something at Cork (which they are doing anyway but is always quickly forgotten), they get the government support because the government know very little about the subject and just feel better to listen to the cowboy opposition.

Low and behold, Norwegian get their licence, if asked they say "oh Barcelona-Boston started already without the stop in Cork due to the delays with the licence" and then there is no route, Norwegian have the licence they want and Ireland is none the better for it.

And this is what happens when people just want want want without due consideration, especially considering I've seen many people in support of Cork who don't care about the worsening of labour conditions, they just so badly need the flight that they'll never use to sleep at night. Easy to know they don't work in the industry.

Have I explained my viewpoint?