PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month
Thread: 13th Month
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2016, 07:49
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the rate pilot's are leaving both now is increasing and will pick up even more next year. It's not even industrial anymore it's about career progression, pass travel and rostering. It is not going to change at either red or green. Some believe it will but it won't. It would be a sign of weakness by management and they would rather burn it to the ground. They are doing a fine job of that.

Delta just got 30% pay raises and Southwest got a big raise as well. Lufthansa won't survive if they don't fix thing with their pilot's. The time is now for pilot's and finally after all these years.

It's one thing for FO's to quit but more Captains now are going. They are going to places like Qatar and Jet2. Like a dog gnawing it's arm off to just get away. 13th month had to be paid. It won't be enough though. Rosters are still terrible and the company line on constantly telling us how bad things are and news is coming is just enough for me. I'm going next year as I just don't want to be here anymore. It's a dysfunctional and depressing place. You get institutionalized here. You get to think it's normal how these places run. It's not normal, not at all. The managers at these places are not normal.

The pass travel survey was an insult honestly. The benefits manager, JC, needs to be fired. Oh yeah and sorry, no riding on the freighter. CAD our (AOC) says cannot. That is a flat out lie by the way. You do not have to believe me, ask the CAD yourself. They do not have a problem with it, Anna does.

The command fail rate is way up again so all those base slots are a trick in my opinion. Why so many slots in the U.S.? because tons have quit. It's not only the training that can kill you it's the rosters. Talk to an American freighter pilot about their rosters. And 3 have died this year on the freighter. Sorry to bring it up again but I think it should be getting peoples attention. Guys are getting quick commands now after leaving. It's like 4 months at Delta now. DEC's at Jet2 and Qatar. Why would anyone stay here anymore.

Honestly, I think red and green are dead. By the way, the CMP is delayed until April now. First Jan then Feb now Apr. I just don't think they have the crews anymore. Also, it's theirs not ours and never will be. I am a bit dumbfounded that there is all this excitement and talk about the CMP. It's just a computerized version of what they do now, build bad rosters.

Again, apologies for the rant but it's too late now for red and green. Years of abuse and lies have finally convinced people there is only way way to deal with it. Leave!

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Last edited by The Visionary; 3rd Dec 2016 at 08:00.