PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft - buying my first one..
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2003, 15:54
The Phoenix Rises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi drauk:

I've not flown a Robin, but I have been told that you need to keep them in a hangar, due to their construction. If you are planning to travel with the plane alot are you confident that you'll generally have hangar space available?
Ah. No, I won't. Probably when I'm in the UK; but abroad, no... Hairyplane - got any comments on that?

TP

Hi flyingfemme:

Thanks a lot for the comments. No, I am not going to rush into anything.

How much is insurance going to be for someone like me?! I have the name of a leasing company and I was going to talk to them today...

TP

Hi A and C:

The Robin DR400 takes a lot of beating when it comes to the speed vs range vs paylaod vs expence.

The fact is that each time I look at changing the Robin for a new aircraft I cant find one that can beat the overall performance of the Robin.

The only thing that the Robin wont take to is being left out in the rain so a hangar in the UK is a must but the paint finnish will last twice as long ( on any aircaft ) when hangerd so its not all bad !.

As for the Beech aircraft I think that this is a step to far in terms of expence for a "first " aircraft .

The last thing that I would remind you of is that " all aircraft bite fools !".

I'm not sure I can hangar it in Europe...

I have no intention of being bitten...(!) If I can help it, that is. The good advice I am getting here ought to help me a lot in that regards...

TP