PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Dec 2016, 17:39
Cuillin Hills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No - current type IR.

I only would have had 4 months IR validity on joining (normal in Europe to have a 12 month IR with ATQP).

They eventually relented on the 6 month IR validity but I wasn't going to put my notice in to my current employer as long as Qatar had outstanding requests.

They wouldn't offer any other course date so I couldn't, subsequently, provide them with a release document from my employer.

As I was offered the start date on minimum notice period it meant that I then had less than sufficient time to put my notice in and get the required release certificate.

If they had not requested the IR 6 month validity on joining them there wouldn't have been a problem.

If they had given me more notice of the start date than minimum notice then there wouldn't have been a problem.

If they could have offered several starting dates then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Remember - the start date had only been given a couple of weeks before - they hadn't spoken to me for 6 months.