PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 2nd Dec 2016, 13:56
rak64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATL-98
The 9 consisted of Captain, 2 First Officers, 2 Cabin Crew, 2 Engineers and 2 company staff (a Pilot & Dispatcher).
I do not understand why not to use minimum crew, what are 4. The other are unnecessary weight, nearly 500kg.

If you see any possible threat you have to talk to the passenger, not to let it happen. Even very necessary talk to VIP. This mission was facing increased problems, as the accepted contract was impossible do to bureaucratic reason. Landing permission was rejected for cabotage rights. Planned fuel stop was impossible do to airport closure. I suspect the airline agreed to the alternate plan without check it according actual data.

It was extremely unlucky to have another aircraft in emergency in front of them but weather was actually already there. What if the CB would be over the destination airport? Same result. It is not a good idea to accept this.

I miss good technique of fuel saving, no step climb in the last hour, did they idle descent? Even overweight causes underperformance, fuel consumption might not valid.