PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 1st Dec 2016, 20:49
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read the 2 leaked papers . ( I can read Spanish) The first one is a mail from the ARO to her superiors about 4 observations regarding taking off with an incorrectly filed PLN. If 2 items are without consequences ( e.g no SID and name Dispatcher missing ), but 2 are : Autonomy and ALT AD.
The conversation is interesting as it show kind of bullying of the ARO by the dispatcher ( whose full name is on the first line of the memo BTW)
Good for her that she did this. She probably can sleep a bit better as a result but must be quite shaken as well. Another person I think that would need help.

The second looks like the actual PLN, signed by a license number and stamped as received , and transmitted . As I see it , the stamp is there to confirm it has been received ( date and time ) and will be transmitted further. nothing more.

ARO refusing a PLN is very common in Europe ( and I guess the USA) and definitively done by the IFPS in Europe. But this is not the case everywhere in the world, and in this case, if the other reports are correct , it would seem the airline belonged to the father of the CAA Director , so most probably the employer of the ARO . I also do not think there are many Bolivian airlines in the Country. So Refusing this particular PLN is most probably a bit more difficult there.

Last edited by ATC Watcher; 1st Dec 2016 at 20:53. Reason: clarification