PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 1st Dec 2016, 14:16
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@LiveryMan ... too early for an analysis, just impressions and a lot of factual questions.

My first impression. With the heli ridge on your right the fuselage wing moving forward. With part of that being projected upward in the direction of the VOR (there is a significant scar going up). So the plane flying in the direction of the VOR as some suggested earlier.

Could be a wing yes. But the quality of the video that i saw was not good enough to say and i have not had the time to measure it. But looked larger than a control surface.

The fact that we have to discuss this shows how little information we have.

If the plane came from the other direction, the VOR side, that would imply that big parts of the plane whould have been thrown up and over the high ridge (if i understand you correctly). That might explain the multiple scars on the low ridge but the long scar going op the high ridge does not line up with that. Neither does the light debris spread over the hollow.

To summarize - at this stage we only have seen 1 of the 4 corners in the photos.

Last edited by A0283; 1st Dec 2016 at 14:38. Reason: To summarize