PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The story of my 4 month long trip to Africa trying to get a flying job.
Old 30th Nov 2016, 23:22
james ozzie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys, I'm the new hire.

My name is **** and I would really like to have a 3 minute chat with each of you but only at a time convenient. I will come and ask each of you when it is OK.

Can someone direct me to the POHs for the types we operate? I would like to spend a few hours re-familiarising myself.

And then can someone direct me to the Company SOPs as I really need to understand these?

I would really like to go airside and take a look at our machines. Where can I get the necessary security permits, keys etc? Is there anyone here who would care to accompany me, please?

Please may I talk to the Maintenance Organisation we use - I would like to introduce myself and spend some time with them.

I would also like to meet and introduce myself to the Met Office and the ATC guys. Has anyone here got a name and phone number so I can arrange to go over and say hi?

Do we use a freight handling agent? Maybe I need to visit them and let them know I hope to be working with them.

If you guys feel like it, you can show me the preferred waterhole on the way home and I will get the first round.

Well, that will keep me busy for the first week. Right, where do we start?