PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2016, 18:06
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe S16

While its apparently not fully released there are a lot of routes which are rather baffling. If the sun routes stay as they are, then Flybe really are making a mockery of this side of their SOU operation. 1 weekly Q400 to Palma makes me wonder why they bothered serving it at all! Verona is 2 weekly all summer compared to 4 last year and Bordeaux is 1 weekly, despite operating daily during August of this year. Hopefully the later releases will go some way to resolve this, although I shall remain pessimistic.

I echo the comments on this being an excellent opportunity for Volotea/another airline to pick up the slack here. Ryanair must see this as delightful news for their BOH operation.

Elsewhere there are some improvements, Edinburgh and Glasgow both increase to 6 daily flights on weekdays, which is the most frequent they have been in a long time. Manchester has a similar frequency, and Newcastle increase to 4 daily flights on weekdays. Amsterdam stays at 4 daily, losing the extra flight operating over the winter season while Paris CDG increases to 2 daily flights.

Finally, it looks like Munich has been dropped, which is good news for BMI Regional, as 3 daily flights from 2 airlines was probably a little excessive for a recently started route.