PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 30th Nov 2016, 17:59
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by thcrozier
There have been a number of folks asking why a number of clubs and national teams used this operator. Quite simply they were "recommended" by Conmebol, the South American federation.
I note that
... continental governing body of association football in South America and it is one of FIFA's six continental confederations.
Is it too much of a leap to guess that a payment envelope to someone there accompanied this recommendation? That would be consistent with FIFA style behavior, and also consistent with the article about LAMIA from the last page. (While I do take Ms Martin's article with a grain of salt, "having connections" is how a lot of business gets done all over the world). Which regulatory body would have oversight over this air charter company? The Venezuelan or Bolivian? Country of registry is Venezuela.

While I'd expect the Colombians to initiate the Accident Investigation, and I'd expect Venezuelan and Brazillian investigators to have an interest, would Bolivian authorities necessarily be involved or would they not necessarily be?