PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair. The best thing since sliced bread?
Old 2nd Aug 2001, 22:12
Stand by your man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oneworld22,

I also am Irish. I am proud of the success Ryanair has had. This does not mean that I can endorse the ****e we've all had to put with lately. I do not detect any anti-Irishness in the comments from fellow ppruners or other FR employees. However, FR's failures are many and its getting worse by the day. To point out such failures (see other thread!) is not anti-Irish. It's merely anti-bad management, anti bullying, anti intimidation, anti-fatiguing work patterns, anti-failure to honour contracts/promises, anti-sacking of union leaders on trumped up charges etc. I think the Irish nation has grown up enough to put such colonial era paranoia behind us. Lets be proud of our successes and accept honest criticism of our undesirable elements.

BTW, your info on the Martin Duffy sacking is SO wrong. I have spoken DIRECTLY to 6 witnesses who confirm MD's position that there was a 4/5 situation. I believe that even the company "witnesses" eg Mr. CD don't even dispute this. Would love to know your "contact", can you indicate what level we're talking about. It does not surprise me that FR staffers would toe the company line. Being yelled at by O'Leary kinda does that to you. Ask your contact how he feels about the Monday meetings - senior managers have been known to be physically sick in anticipation of the ritual bollockings.