PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the Start-up clearance concerning the ATC FPLN or the engines start ?
Old 29th Nov 2016, 22:43
Fastenbeltrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the Start-up clearance concerning the ATC FPLN or the engines start ?

During my pilot training a while ago i learnt that when you request the Start-up clearance it is basically asking to validate your filled flight plan.

Today we discussed it with other colleagues because according to some of them it only concerns the actual engines start and has nothing to do with the flight plan.

I looked in various references like the regulation in force, the Lido General manual and miscellaneous documents and what i found is :
- For an IFR flight you need to fill an ATC FPLN at least 60 minutes before start-up or taxi request
- Some countries like Germany request the crews to start the engines within 5 minutes of start-up aproval
- Some others like Turkey Start-up request shoulb be 15 minutes up to 30 minutes PRIOR to departure (so i don't think that's related to the engines)
- Some airport always issue the Start-up clearance with the departure and enroute clearance (CDM)

What do you think ? Please quote references