PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contacting the CAA
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2016, 15:25
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This data is NOT about same day applications - it was specifically asked in the FOI Request fro the QUEUED applications. I did not ask for, and therefore did not receive information on the processing of same day, turn up and wait, license rating issues or license changes.
Sorry my apologies - I guess the simple answer to your comment:-

Another more recent example, week ending 20th November they received 239 new applications, and only processed 267. Thats a net reduction in the queue of only 28, leaving 851 in the queue at the end of that week.

28 applications between 18 staff members is 0.3 applications processed per day per staff member processed. again draw from that what you will...
They were just doing other things.... and hence my comment around £80. Forget initial application or addition of rating because the thinking [sorry assumption that some to all of the 18 FTE are handling both initial applications and changes to existing licenses] is that its all the same people doing the varied task and so those seeking addition of a rating are motivated to turn up and the CAA motivated to take the £80..

Its nothing to do with making the CAA quake. Its about being open and honest with the CAA Customers (US!) on why INITIAL ISSUE professional licenses this year took EIGHT weeks to issue, Private Licenses too on average longer than ever...
Because they don't care and why should they.. You can't choose an alternative to the CAA so what are you going to do? You send in an FOI and what has changed? Jack. Lets face it when the regulator can't even get its act together with its own documentation the bar is set very low.

In response to my complaint, which was specific and detailed in nature, it was upheld and I received an apology.
Great they say sorry.... but as you say...

It seems they are doing what they can, and yet still failing to provide a timely service ... year after year.
Suggests they need a change of people from the low quality currently employed.