PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The story of my 4 month long trip to Africa trying to get a flying job.
Old 28th Nov 2016, 23:14
nbv4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Humpmedumpme

If they had actually gave me something to do to show enthusiasm I would have done it. Every single time I took it upon myself to do something the answer from them is always "You figure it out, show some initiative". You can't expect to hire somebody and expect them to know exactly what to do without giving them a single word of training.

The problem with the "strengths and weaknesses" question is that there is no way to answer the question honestly without saying bull****. Most reasonable interviewers will know that whatever answer you give is BS and will forget it immediately. These people made note of my "weakness" told other people at the company what it was, and then used it against me once I arrived. More than once they would bring up the fact that my "communication here is bad" just to be dicks. If I had known that they were going to use my answer against me, I would have taken the time to come up with a different answer.

The place I work now, I at least get some direction. My boss actually gives me work to do, he doesn't just tell me to "figure it out". If you give me a destination and the keys to a plane I can figure it out without needing any help. But when it comes to converting a foreign pilot license to another foreign authority, I'm going to need *some* help. Hep that this company refused to provide.