PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contacting the CAA
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2016, 18:12
GBEBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have sent you misleading data
Which would be a offence to do...

This data is NOT about same day applications - it was specifically asked in the FOI Request fro the QUEUED applications. I did not ask for, and therefore did not receive information on the processing of same day, turn up and wait, license rating issues or license changes.

In the end its the CAA or nothing, poor service encourages more people to turn up and spend £80
Rubbish. Initial License Issue applications cannot be issued by turning up in person. Period.

Ask for data from a FOI request, which you then want to protect them from anyway!!
Its public data - if you have a question feel free to lodge your own FOI Request and you will get your own reply, that is the whole purpose of having a process.

Im not protecting anyone other than the fact that the CAA responded to my Complaint and my FOI as a single item (which they should not have done, they should have been treated separately under law) and so there is quite a bit of personal information in their single reply to me.

I'm sure the executive must be quaking.
Its nothing to do with making the CAA quake. Its about being open and honest with the CAA Customers (US!) on why INITIAL ISSUE professional licenses this year took EIGHT weeks to issue, Private Licenses too on average longer than ever...

At the time of recording the FOI and the Complaint I had a license issue deadline, which I had communicated to the CAA in writing several times, and was waiting for my license to be returned to leave the country. They had not once acknowledged this and so I wanted to know exactly what I was dealing with - as it happens, it was in a queue of 1392 applications...

In response to my complaint, which was specific and detailed in nature, it was upheld and I received an apology.

In respect of your complaint, I agree that the service you received, and the difficultly you had contacting us throughout the application period was unsatisfactory. Our licensing management team is very apologetic and they are working on improvements.
It seems they are doing what they can, and yet still failing to provide a timely service ... year after year.

Last edited by GBEBZ; 28th Nov 2016 at 18:18. Reason: Add the word license to stop people being picky