PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2016, 20:37
Tay Cough

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't realise TH had been banned. I think that's unfortunate.

As the person who questioned the poster's credentials initially, it has become apparent that he is exactly who he says he is. For doubting, I apologise but it is an anonymous forum of course, so I plead internet...

I have met TH on a professional basis (no details other than to say nearby sandpit) in the past and he is a very pleasant and impressive individual. His background speaks for itself. I think his opinion on this subject is important, given his role with Marshalls.

While I appreciate Gp Capt Holloway has a corporate responsibility both to Marshalls and to the Air League, I am concerned that while there is an acknowledgment of the issues, the pachyderm in the room has been overlooked, seemingly deliberately.

The evidence shows that is absolutely clear and without doubt that there has been some embellishment of certain achievements. Awards have been given on the basis of those stated achievements and have subsequently either been rescinded or "adjusted" to fit the corrected facts.

What has not changed is the fact that there is recorded and published evidence of an individual claiming credit for achievements which have not actually occurred for which awards have been conferred. I hesitate to use the word "solo" really but within the aviation world, it has significant connotations. In short, it means "the sole person on board".

Sir, you have genuinely flown solo on a route where I will routinely carry three pilots - you know exactly what I mean.

Personally, I won't lose much sleep over an individual claiming solo or otherwise. What I have a huge issue with is otherwise hugely reputable and responsible organisations such as HCAP and the Air League knowingly choosing to continue to associate themselves with something which amounts to a level of deception. Get a grip, ladies and gentlemen.

I hope Group Captain Holloway chooses to continue to post.

Kind regards,

Armchair Pilot (14000 hours, airline captain, display pilot, B&Q and Bar)

Last edited by Tay Cough; 27th Nov 2016 at 20:54.