PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2016, 07:36
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 382 Likes on 226 Posts
My argument is not about solo flight. It's about recognising that it was a demanding flight
Mr Holloway sir,

Sam Rutherford has confirmed that TCT did not carry out or participate in most of the flight planning. She didn't even carry her own bags. The "demanding" aspects of the trip were performed by Ewalt or the team of hired hands.

As for the outreach element, you may be aware that there has been some last minute window dressing such as the recent presentation to the children at a rather exclusive school in Asia Dulwich College International schools host British aviator Tracey Curtis-Taylor - DULWICH COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL. I suppose if the children don't wish to follow a career in investment banking then TCT has shown them an alternative lifestyle which avoids what most of us would describe as work. How such a presentation merits any recognition is beyond me.

What I object to are the often repeated claims that as a woman, TCT has had to struggle in a man's world. What utter tosh. A woman is the CEO of a very successful international airline. We came within a whisker of having the 3 leading western countries run by women. I have women friends who are highly successful pilots including my lovely former instructor. Another female friend takes great delight in flying her jet through the dustier parts of the globe. The glass ceiling was shattered years ago and the world has moved on.

At best, TCT appears to have been asleep. At worst, she has perpetuated the gender war to excuse her personal shortcomings.

I encourage you to read the minor incident report where the wings were ripped off the Stearman. You will read that Ewalt had logged more hours than TCT in the preceding month which is compatible with him having performed test flights prior to the trip. He knows what he's doing so why has he logged the hours ? Hardly the actions of a mere passenger.