PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2016, 19:40
terry holloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cessnafly
Terry Holloway

Could I make an Air League nomination please.

To Sam Rutherford and Mike Flynn for media services surrounding methodical, accurate and truthful reporting in aviation surrounding the only person, TC-T, in the history of British aviation to ever have an award rescinded.
Do write and forward your nomination!
However thats what all journalists do. Having read the ongoing posts I suspect that Mike Flynn is working to a slightly different agenda. The truth has been out for ages but as prosecutor, judge and jury he is intent - for whatever reason - in totally destroying her life and reputation. I really cannot accept that action is either gentlemanly of correctb in our modern society.

Originally Posted by Jonzarno
Terry

I am anything but a leader of any pack; but if you want to put her in touch with me, you know where I am: please give her my contact details and I'll be happy to talk to her directly.
Thanks.
I will!

Originally Posted by Cessnafly
"In another post to you I said make a nomination for Maurice. Two weeks to Kenya in a Cub is a bit slow".

I would imagine that MK would tell you to stick your award where the sun doesn't shine. As you know, he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Two weeks in a cub to Kenya - slow? What about 3 months from Cape to the UK in a Stearman? - supported all the way with a chase-plane for navigation.
He probably will!
They were making a film and it wasn't a race!

Originally Posted by Jay Sata
Just been looking back through all the well documented UK to Australia solo flights since Bert Hinkler did the first one in 1928.

It appears every one has been well funded and the pilots have been well connected.

So my question is has anyone done it without major sponsors,funding and fame?

The only one can find is paraplegic Dave Sykes and he does not even warrant a wiki entry!
TheAir League gave Dave an award which he received from Prince Phillip