PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2016, 05:07
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry, thanks for providing a counter point of view, the issue I have is you seem to be saying that in spite of the fibs TCT told in the Herne Bay vid and her passenger for most of the SA flights actually being an experienced FI/ A&P mechanic she should nonetheless be recognised for her supposed achievements in making those flights and the outreach. I see little achievement in the collaborative planning or performance of the endeavour as conducted (with the sole exception being the fund raising part) and in the absence of an underprivileged kid winning a scholarship, attaining a pilots license or other demonstrative advancement the outreach part seems a bit lacking also . I suppose the bottom line is HCAP's threshold for what merits recognition is a few rungs down the ladder from what most folks on here, myself included, deem impressive and I doubt that can be reconciled on this forum. But again thanks for taking the time to put your points across.

As you have stepped up and used your real name, I shall do the same and also give my qualifications for you to quantify if my opinions are valid.

My name is Duncan Robertson, ironically I have the same age (53), nationality (UK) , flying hours (1300), pilot certificates (CPL) as TCT and have likewise logged several trans-continental flights (USA & Europe ) in a slow tail dragger both solo and with an instructor, I've also crashed twice (once while taxiing the other on take-off) so my experience is pretty much on par with Tracey's and again I don't think her (or my) flying is any big deal and certainly doesn't merit an award nor can be described as an "achievement"

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by piperboy84; 26th Nov 2016 at 05:21.