PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 23:20
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I certainly haven't read all the posts,
I have read every post made in this thread, and made the effort to independently inform myself from other objective internet sources. Honestly, the more I read, the worse TCT looks.

you all- were being unfair and not giving her any credit for her achievements in planning the fights, raising the money, and flying the aeroplane.
Honestly, no, I don't feel that her efforts in these regards are unusually credit worthy. From the references to planning assistance hired, It seems that she bought the service, rather than performing it herself. Raising money - was it done truthfully? I struggle to imagine patrons funding two pilots flying a Stearman around, unless there was an angle - like a solo flight? Achievement flying the plane?! She crashed it twice!

I knew the facts, and The Air League award was issued on the basis of those facts. Neither I nor the Air League have or had any remit to correct what the press said about her. That was down to her and her sponsors. I am certain HCAP, WHO ALSO KNEW THE FACTS, would take the same view.
Ah... didn't the HCAP reword the award issued to TCT? If they knew the facts, why would that have been necessary? At least one other award was reworded after the fact, so it sounds as though "facts" were variable in time.

Yes, I am among a group here who are not just letting this die, and moving on. I agree, and have said, TCT is not accused of murder, so this is not capital crime type stuff. However, I suspect that TCT has done things which approach fraud. I believe certain people are holding her up as a notable pilot worthy of celebration. In my opinion, there are very many pilots who should precede her any award. Just letting this die, 'cause it's inconvenient for other people is not honourable. TCT has had ample opportunity to directly address the accusations made against her behaviour, and provide facts which support her position. ALl I have seen from here has been shifty evasion, worthy of a "good speaker", who would rather avoid taking responsibility. It seems that some taking responsibility here is now a minimum expectation. Either responsibility to provide facts to correct our errors of understanding, or facts that admit that TCT has lied.