PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 21:28
terry holloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terry holloway
Yes, of course I am aware of what was said in the media about solo flight and I bet she regrets not correcting them at the time. Ive also been sent a copy of her interview at Herne Bay. Yes the public has been misled, but she has recently corrected that with a very clear statement. My reason for entering this thread - and I might wish I hadnt(!)- was to make clear that the award given by The Air League was for a flight carrying a passenger, that she should be given some credit for two very gutsy and credit worthy flights, and that people might consider leaving her alone and not sniping at her over everything and anything - including Maurice Kirk. Actually he deserves to be sniped at, but it appears he is being idolised by many! That's another thread which I won't involve myself with!
Actually, having said what I said, it's clear that you zealots/hyenas won't take a blind bit of notice.....!
And I still don't understand the need for a mask of anonymity!!
The precise wording on the citation is on the Air League files, but it recognised her flight, her encouragement of women in aviation and her outreach work. A copy could be provided but frankly it's irrelevant. At the time of the LAA withdrawal of the Bill Wadhams the Air league was asked by someone ( I can't recall who) to withdraw our award, but we said no.

Originally Posted by Jay Sata
Terry

If I can just remind you...

Air League Award overseen by you.

http://www.airleague.co.uk/wp-conten...chApril_16.pdf

No mention of Ewald who baled out quickly in Sydney.
Here is that wonderful picture again with Ewald trying to hide.
Thanks. We knew it was not solo and Erwald "baling out" was irrelevant if that's what he did!
All along the flight was published as carrying passengers and the Chairmans speech made precisely that point. The speech for next award to Johan Ekland started "unlike the previous award this was a solo flight....."

Originally Posted by Islandlad
Cessnafly don't be too harsh ☺ Terry needs a little time to catch up.

Then we can all gather for a group hug.

Terry no-one should get an award for going flying with someone else.... WITH ONE EXCEPTION .. the two guys why flew to the South Pole recently. Now that was heroic!
I've caught up more than enough!