PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 21:24
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Sata
Terry

I cannot believe you are so naive that you have not seen,read or indeed heard her claims of solo flight.

That is what this thread is all about.

Can I just ask what you and others have given awards for?

What has she achieved?

Why no award for Ewald who built a beautiful Stearman?

A dual flight with one person getting awards?

That is sexism.

Jonzaro..

Can you post your questions again?
Jaysata

As you have asked me to repost these questions, here they are although I did post a link to one of the posts containing them earlier today:

1. What is the reconciliation between Ms Curtis-Taylor's well documented claim to have flown her african flight "solo". Please see the video clip published earlier in this thread:

Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)

in which she personally makes that claim, and her subsequent public statement that the flight was not solo?

2. Given the above, what was she doing in the picture of her, published several times earlier in this thread, standing in front of a huge picture depicting the route and claiming she had been "Alone in an open cock-pit [sic] plane"?

3. By what authority, and with what qualification, does she wear RAF wings?

One point I would make is that I believe that these three questions are at the heart of this debate. I would ask all of those who feel aggrieved by what Ms Curtis-Taylor may or may not have done to allow the focus to remain directly on getting answers to them.

Spleen venting about the perceived sins she may or may not have committed only serves to veil these questions which i still believe go to the heart of the question of whether Ms Curtis-Taylor deserves the accolades she has received or not.

Please: let's focus on whether she "did what she said on the tin" or not. If yes, let's all apologise to her. If not, let's see if she can be persuaded to own up and apologise.

For my part: whichever of those routes she goes, I would support her. Whether as someone who has justified her position or as someone who screwed up, recognised the fact and genuinely turned over the proverbial new leaf.

Let's see!