PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 19:55
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
For those outside the UK who do not know the situation I am a retired journalist and recreational pilot.

Despite allegations on the Bird in the Biplane website I have never met,spoken to or indeed know what Sam Rutherford looks like. I am not an "associate" of Sam Rutherford as claimed
by Tracey Curtis Taylor.
Mr Rutherford has engaged in an online media campaign to discredit me and the BIAB team members by making false assertions concerning the expeditions and the roles of team members. I have previously stated publicly that I consider this to be part of a course of conduct designed to cause damage and distress. Mr Rutherford’s campaign is also promoted by his associate who operates under the pseudonym, Jay Sata in the press and in online forums, and in particular Pprune. The actions of Mr Rutherford are now the subject of legal proceedings and have been reported to the police. Sam Rutherford is a member of the LAA – he was not present at the AGM but was represented by his proxy, Chris Martyr
I have never met or indeed had any contact with Tracey Curtis Taylor. I have no reason to believe Chris Martyr is a proxy of Sam Rutherford.

If she wishes to continue to post unsubstantiated allegations on her website then that is up to her.

I have no personal agenda with her,her company Bird ina Biplane Ltd,the Honourable Company of Air Pilots,the Air League,Marshall's Aerospace Cambridge,Artemis,Boeing Aircraft Corporation or indeed any sponsors.

That's the legal bit out of the way.

I will admit I have long standing contacts and relationships with various news contacts who I discuss stories I am interested in.

What they do with information I aquire in the public domain is up to them