PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 19:54
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you heard her speak? She is a very good ambassador.
I've heard a lot of people who spoke very well, selling a lot of things. That makes them good salespeople, but does not mean that what is being sold has the value presented.

I am a four decades pilot, and my experience includes trips as the only person aboard the plane, for thousands of miles. I am an aviation professional, whose business is serving general aviation clients. My business is absolutely dependent upon honour and ethics. The misrepresented and self contradictory information presented by TCT has convinced me, independent of the opinions of others, that TCT has a different moral compass than I. She does not represent the general aviation I proudly serve, so she cannot be an ambassador for aviation as I know it.

Two wrecked aircraft (yeah, the second one was much more than the "Incident" she declared), multiple violations of airspace she has admitted, low and poor weather flying she has admitted, and telling people she flew solo when that is not true, all indicate to me a person who should not be welcomed to reach out to new or impressionable aviation minded people. Awards having to be reworded after the fact to conform to the revealed truth, many examples of revisions to information to remove untruthful statements, all point to a poor moral foundation.

Ambassadors are selected to represent a group of people with pride and honour. TCT has not demonstrated to me that she can fill this role.

Yes, I have heard her speak on video. She spoke some lies, and just kept rolling along as though that was normal for her.

I am not affiliated with any of the organizations which have been drawn into this topic. As such, I have no standing with them, but can still hope they share my sense of honour in piloting (or even just being a person), and will stand up for this honour. An organization who awards accomplishment for a flight, which is so mired in doubt and dishonour, does not represent my piloting ethics.

If the TCT publicity machine, and peripheral supporting companies and associations really wanted to have an effective outreach program, instead of funding a joyride for a couple of pilots who seem determined to fly on their terms irrespective of anyone else's sense of what's right, they'd apply all that money directly to scholarships. For the cost of flying a Stearman and Caravan thousands of miles, you could get a lot of student pilots in the air for a few hours. What will impress those new aviators more? Recalling a few hours flying, or maybe scholarship right through to CPL? Or the faint memory of hearing a woman speak one day? No one speaks well enough to out memory a few hours of hands on flying!

TCT, where are you? You are credited with speaking well - speak to us! We're a tough audience, but we will listen to the truth....