PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigerian President's Helicopter....trashed!
Old 25th Nov 2016, 16:29
hueyracer

So you were flying at the age of 10?! It is not 'white' at all - it is the Western schooling, education, training and that experience you mention of working in a reasonably efficient operation, probably in diverse aviation roles. I know there are many non-white persons, having had a similar upbringing, who are perfectly capable pilots. And I know of some white pilots who are pretty average.

Wasnīt referring to myself-i am not that ego-centric (probably because i am not an offshore pilot... ).

I spent the last 6 years in several african countries-and the "culture" there is always the same:
They need to bring in Expats, as they donīt have the experience to get the jobs done themselves...they watch the Expats getting "spoiled" and thrown money at......and believe they can easily do the same job........

Everyone fresh out of flight school can fly an A to B job in good weather...but if things go wrong, that is when experience kicks in-and if you are lacking that, the result can be seen on the pictures posted here........