PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 14:15
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Terry you are more than welcome to your opinions and you are entitled to question our motives, in much the same way that we are questioning those of TCT and her supporters. Previous posters have summed it all up pretty well but I respectfully suggest you have a look at the evidence that has been pulled together by around 300 different posters on this thread alone.

From the outset it is clear that sponsorship has been raised based upon a ...how shall I put this tactfully... a lie.

There has been been no attempt to correct the media portrayal of these flights and there has even been clear occasions when she herself has stated the words "I was alone", "on my own" and "back from my SOLO flights" long after the events.

Any ab-initio to 10,000hr pilot knows the significance of the simple word; none will ever forget their first SOLO, that time when it was just their ability keeping them safe.

A lot of people know TCT very well and they know her history too - both personal and professional backgrounds. Many too know that most airfields where she has had any involvement have resulted in her leaving, or being asked to leave. A track record of airspace busts, crashes and a cavalier attitude to authority give a very good indicator as to her worth as a role model. A tendency to embellish "achievement" and a clear intent to deflect responsibility for adverse events onto others does not sit very well in any environment let alone aviation.

The LAA made their decision long before the video of her at Herne Bay was made public, I wonder what bluster she would have come out with at their AGM if it had been shown before the vote.

So...

Rather than calling the whistle-blowers childish and in need of getting a life, may I suggest you and your HCAP colleagues take a moment to REALLY look at the type of individual you are supporting. The citation re-writes just make you all look rather silly. Being gullible is not a crime and there would be no shame in admitting that you were, like us, misled from the start. If you were a true friend to her then you would be offering her help rather than delaying the end result by denying what has happened.

Whilst I have your attention and knowing that you know TCT, can you ask her what happened to the cameras that were on the SoA at the time it crashed at Winslow? I strongly suspect these were ferreted away PDQ as they are likely to show an event other than as described in her "incident" (sic) report. Whilst you are at it, ask her the questions yourself that we have been asking for months - you only need to flick back a page or two - and see if you, hand on heart, believe a word she says in reply.

As for anonymity; I have been on this forum for many years. Those that need to know who I am do so. This also extends to all parties that I have communicated with including staff at Entebbe Airport, Winslow Airport, Portsmouth University and many other bodies that have been drawn into this charade.