PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 13:03
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Terry, and thank you for your effort at presenting a different perspective. I don't agree with the perspective you present, but I respect your presenting it. This has been a very one sided discussion, as few people have come to present a defense of what TCT has accomplished.

In my opinion [hope], if the very publicized flying in which TCT was involved were really defensable against the many accusations in this thread, she would have been here defending her flying. The absence of a qualified defense, coupled with a number of well documented examples of TCT defeating her own declarations, and back peddling/rewriting her own history do not give me confidence in her.

Many very experienced pilots participate in this discussion, to assert our right to defend the honour of simply being a pilot, and person who is truthful about what they do.

Personally, I knew nothing of TCT before this thread gained momentum. In my role in the aviation industry, based upon more than 40 years of involvement, I have come to know many pilots, and been in the role of assessing them for flying duties. I have learned to read between the lines, and listen to more than what the pilot themselves is telling me about their experience, qualification, and flying habits. Honestly, TCT presents a good story on the surface, but when I use my skill and experience to peel back the layers to examine the underlying truths, what I see as factual - from TCT's own presentations and interviews (her own words), gives me little confidence in her. If she were a pilot in my charge, her duties and freedom to fly would be carefully watched, to assure operational safety. She would not be the pilot I would confidently send off to handle a challenging flight. She would not be my choice for a role model to the next generation.

Many people are anonymous here, not just so they can express their feelings about TCT, but just generally anonymous, and that's okay. For some people, their terms of employment prohibit being "identified" in such forums, and that's okay too. I have found posters here to be very accountable if privately asked, and very approachable. I have met many personally and am proud to be among this group.

My ego is not boosted by challenging TCT, I am a little less proud to be a pilot as long as pilots like TCT are positioning themselves as ambassadors of aviation. I have four decades of flying on three continents (including Africa), and I have not wrecked an aircraft, let alone two in a couple of years. I have never lied about flying solo, nor accepted money and public speaking engagements based upon mis represented piloting. My ego is not a factor in this discussion.

A number of posters here have asked TCT to repent. She is welcomed to post here to defend herself, but seems not to. She is welcomed to post here to repent, and "come clean". For one, I'm still hopeful she will enter the discussion with other pilots. I'm sure she closely monitors what is written here.

In the mean time Terry Holloway, You are welcomed to post your opinion here, and additional factual details you might know. If that information objectively changes opinion here, that's entirely fine. Don't expect a rush to agreement, but well worded, polite, factual posts have merit here - the thread is not going to be locked just because your opinion differs from others here.