PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 13:01
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get a life and do something positive like trying to encourage young people into aviation
I've personally mentored well over three hundred air cadets...does that entitle me to a view?

...Most of the people posting quite extraordinary messages "knocking" her courage and achievements probably don't even have a clue whoTracey is...
She is a middle aged lady who likes to call herself a "bird". Most people on here will have seen her BBC documentary, listened to her on the BBC radio, read her website, wiki page and facebook page...so I'm going to go ahead and say: "I, like most, have more than a clue who she is"

I've also read most of this thread and I have not seen a single post by anybody "knocking her courage". It's a kind of puzzling remark that...why would anyone assess her courage based on what she has or has not done? Do you need to be inherently courageous to fly a Stearman? Enlighten me please.

Also I'm 60, a retired RAF Sqn Ldr, a retired Company Director and a father of three. So I take a little exception to being labelled a child. However, I personally welcome your input as TCT's side has not been presented well enough in this thread and I applaud you for forgoing the anonymity that Pprune provides for those that wish it. Especially as you are prominent in aviation and an ex RAF senior officer.

But perhaps you could respect the rights of other forum users, stow the insults, and actually address the issues. After all that's what grown ups do, is it not?

PS Marshalls have deep pockets....Tracey needs a sponsor...You obviously support her...crack on. I'll waive my introduction fee.

Last edited by The Old Fat One; 25th Nov 2016 at 13:41.