PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 12:08
pulse1

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Terry Holloway,

You say that Tracy has:
has accomplished rather more in aviation than most GA pilots.
And that is very true. However, may I refer you to an earlier post by a pilot who has also achieved rather more than most GA pilots, Helen Krasner:

IF these had been solo flights, they would of been worthy of admiration and awards. As flights with someone else there, they are not; they are simply ordinary flights. I speak as an (ex) pilot and flying instructor of many years and flying hours standing. I also happen to be female, which is actually irrelevant. Flying solo over great distances is mentally hard, and hard work. Flying with someone else there with you who is either a pilot or knows about aviation, turns it into an ordinary flight, albeit a long one. Who manipulates the controls is irrelevant. I could have done it, most qualified private pilots could have done it, many people have done it - both male and female. It is simply not worth mentioning, let alone being mentioned in the press or given awards.
I can tell you that, as a 77 year old PPL with about 500 hours I would jump at the chance to add to my 90 minutes in a Stearman by flying to Australia with an experienced pilot to hold my hand and a support team to handle all the logistics.

The only credit I would give her is that she has actually made it happen. How she did it I can only imagine.

Hey, I just had a thought. If Artemis or someone would sponsor me I would do it for the sake of all those other geriatrics out there. How about it?