PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 25th Nov 2016, 11:47
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In three posts you have come down from 4000 Euros saved to 2500 !!!
Furthermore it is not only about money , you have to read what has been said above by some others.
It is about your quality of life and the long term Relationship with your wife if you plan to see you kid growing with you AND with your wife or be divorced in a few years.
Also there is no state pension which means that the saving you are talking about will also be necessary to build up a pension for the future and it will not be added to a state pension it will be the only one.
The medical insurance is also quite bad in the sense that you will have to pay quite a lot on top of what is covered by the insurance provided by the company ( if you are Lucky and never get a long term disease than it fine but who knows )
Also in case of long term sickness or loss of medical , you will be grounded which means that you will only get your full BASIC salary + house allowance for 15 days then another 15 days with only the BASIC salary and no more the house allowance and then NOTHING for the next 60 days as the loss of income insurance only starts after 90 days and it is not huge ( unless you contribute yourself to increase it ) it is around 4000$ for an F/O and 6000$ for a captain ( If I am correct ) and it will be your business to pay what will be necessary to try to get back your medical ( all the expenses will be on you , don't expect any intervention from the medical insurance or the company )
There are plenty of example and I have spoken directly with 3 pilots involved in this painful process.
I don't say don't join BUT make a very good and thorough research before taking your decision.