PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 25th Nov 2016, 07:43
agent.oen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I do understand why you so often mention that certain items are paid "from your own pocket" but apart from the school expenses exceeding the amounts that FZ reimburses, isn't everything actually paid from your own pockets?
Here in Europe I get a salary at the end of each month deposited to my bank account. I then choose how much I spend and how little I can afford to save. With FZ (correct me if I'm wrong) you get a lump sum deposited on your bank account excluding education allowances. Maybe this lump sum is categorised as Base salary, Housing allowance, Transportaion allowance, Flight allowance but you get 1 lump sum of money to spend/save as you please?

I try to compare my current situation to a speculated one should I join FZ. Here if I'm lucky I save €700 per month. I spend my salary on my house loan, utilities, mobile phones, internet, insurances, child care, food, entertainment, missus care... At the end of the month I hope to have saved something. If not, then I'll have to dig in my savings account (my pocket) to make up for the unexpected expenses eg tax returns, holiday vacations, small gadgets for myself to fool around with, a nice present for the missus...

That's why I'm asking for an idea of how much things cost in DXB. Just to see if I can save more money there while having a different experience in an actual city.
I'm not looking to live the life of a celebrity. A simple 2-3 bedroom apartment close to the airport should suffice. 1 car is enough (i would plan to use Uber to get to work leaving the car for the missus). My child is 1yr and a bit so i dont qualify for child allowance yet so either my wife babysits or occasionally we need a babysitter. A bit of restaurant nights out, a bit of shopping and some movie nights are what i expect to have too. And a vacation or 2 per year.

Am i that far off by hoping to save €4000/month?

Last edited by agent.oen; 25th Nov 2016 at 09:23.