PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIS Airlines Cadet Scheme
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2016, 20:29
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While the smallest in the fleet of Eastern might be the J41, initially you will join AIS Airlines for at least 6 months from what I understand. They only have J32s at this moment. Should you not be selected to continue on to Eastern, you will end up with a dead typerating and perhaps just about 500h multi-pilot by the time you have to make room for the next in line. And I would like to have it in writing that you would enter at three years seniority in Eastern, just to be sure . If you are referring to the start date mentioned in the article, I'm not sure that will count for seniority...

It's not a bad way to start out. But pretty damn expensive still. I have flown the J31/32 and have experienced the job market with only experience on that type. It's no fun.

Like I said, just do the math a bit to make sure you are able to make it work. And perhaps have a look at what's next for Eastern Airways as well. They have been losing a lot of pilots (and look, a cadet scheme pops up) and from what I hear it's not the nicest place to be right now.

Sorry if I sound negative, it's not to the detriment of the school or airline. I'd just hate to see anyone spend €150k to fly 20-30 year old turboprops.