PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberals buy a few more CF-18s
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2016, 15:09
Mostly Harmless

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jet Jockey A4,

I don't care what fighter we buy to replace our F/A-18 models that we currently have. I have a problem with them sole sourcing the buy. Hold the open competition and fair that they campaigned on and let the best plane for the job win.

The problem is being a hypocrite. I thought that was pretty obvious.

What promise was broken? The promise to hold an open and fair competition. The promise that they would not sole source a purchase like those evil conservatives. Hey, how about that budgetary promise to keep the deficit to $10,000,000,000 dollars!!! It's $30,000,000,000, or in simpler terms, 300% higher, in their first year in office.

If you don't understand that, then I think you are either a brainwashed cult follower, a paid shill or a bot. But what you are not is a critical thinker who is concerned with the fact that the tax rates in 6 out of 10 provinces now exceeds 50% of your income. So, if you want to take home $1 of wages you need to earn more than $2 because the federal and provincial governments are taking more than half your income. Do you feel you are getting value for your money? I don't. Now maybe magazine covers, selfies and global vacations paid for by our tax dollars are what you feel is good governance but personally, I expect that if you run on a platform that you at least try to stick to it. There is no force majeure here that is preventing them from acting on their promises and yet they are breaking them more and more every day. If you won't hold them accountable by calling it out, then you deserve the government you get.

Last edited by Mostly Harmless; 24th Nov 2016 at 15:21.