PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian visa system problems
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2016, 13:21
modelflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australian visa system problems

My wife and I applied for Australian tourist visas (TV/651) on-line last week. My visa came through almost immediately (as usual) by email, with the grant letter being available also from the on-line system.

However, my wife did not receive an email and the on-line system said the documents were not available to view (but the word "granted" did appear on one screen). So it appears she has her visa - but cannot prove it if required.

Contacting the Australian Immigration people by UK telephone (they say they answer the phone in English in the afternoon, but the phone appears always to be engaged) or on-line seems to be impossible.

The only way we eventually found round the problem was to do a VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) check. This gives my wife's details, including passport number and visa details (but not the Grant number).

Hopefully this will suffice if there are any questions when we check-in next week or on arrival in Sydney.

So, if you have applied for a visa but not received your email and attachments the VEVO process might come in handy.

The Aussies are working on their systems until 2 December, so hopefully this issue will be temporary.

Thanks also to the starter of, and contributors to, the existing thread on visas - reading it enabled me to convince my wife she need evidence of her visa.