PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIS Airlines Cadet Scheme
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2016, 01:10
Iselbewohner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree that there are both, more desirable cadetships, like AerLingus, and cheaper ways to obtain an ATPL.

But I see it the following way: Iīm working as a flight attendant and a lot of colleagues of mine from the cabin have an ATPL, some even a 737 or 320 rating, but they are still stuck in the cabin because they donīt get a job in the flight deck. So at AIS you are in the very good position that you will proceed to a flight deck right after your training, which is in my opinion all that counts if oneīs dream is to fly, and then you can go and try to make it to an other company whilst flying on the Jetstream.

Furthermore you will proceed to Eastern Airways onto a bigger turboprop and with the option to proceed to an embraer jet. Of course there are ways, or airlines, to earn more money, but there are ways to earn less, for e.g. not to find a job after your training... and your salary at Eastern will not be the base FO salary, because you will start with a seniority of 3 years regarding your salary.

So all in all I think itīs an way to the flight deck that is definitely worth considering ;-)