PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it all worth it?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2003, 19:15
gabu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think long and hard about it

No one has a crystal ball and who can say you'll enjoy it, I'm 1/2 way thru my atpl exams and am having serious concerns about carrying on.

The are literally 1000's upon 1000's of pilots out there unemployed at the moment, some with a barebones fatpl to 1000's of hours on type who are unemployed.

When I go to these god awful exams (atpls) everyones talking the big talk thinking the're Mr. charlie big potatoes but there all looking thru rosie glasses abit.

It begins to dawn on you than fanciful idea may not be the right idea, sure everyone knows some one who's got themselves a job and loves to talk about it. but at these exam venues you'll meet 100's & I mean literally 100's of people who are doing what you are doing makes you think a little i tell you.

All these very well experienced pilots, All these military jocks just waiting in the RAF until things pick up. Where does that leave you? Okay if you Daddy is a pilot for BA etc

Personally i thinking of putting of putting a down payment on a nice motor boat somewhere nice in Florida/Australia and taking rich tourists out fishing every day, charging them $60 an hour, for game fishing.

Seems a lot easier than all this B*****t and doing at the moment.

But we'll see

Don't listen to all the crap the flight schools give about oh you'll definitely get a job, yeh they'll sell you there own mother if they'd think it would convince you, you'd get a flying job.

Well I'm off to ponder the future.