PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2016, 10:55
Sirbismuth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, reading this thread, I must be positively insane!

I am 41, and in January am starting an 18-month journey that will see me emerge at the end with a CPL/ME with IR, type-rated on a 737-800, and a bunch of endorsements. I will be about halfway to 44 at the end of that. One regional airline has a cutoff of 35, and they don't even operate 737s.

The more insane part is the whack of cash I am throwing at it.

Someone talk me out of it, lol!

What is my end-game, I would be 100% happy if someone is paying me to fly, whether it's crop-dusters or 737s, or whatever is going. Yes, I will be competing with people who are younger than me, probably fitter than me, with more hours and ratings. So what, like I said, give me something to fly, some small change, and I will be happy.

Ok, in 18 months will be halfway to a degree in Aviation Management as well, so maybe they will let me polish the crop dusters or 737s as well?

Maybe I will p-off the experienced guys with the ratings and hours, as I will probably be willing to go in on a lower payscale, as I won't have the same hours or time on type as them?

MAYBE, I will regret this move I am making, who knows.

I won't know all of the above if I don't try at least. So, like I said, anyone want to try to talk me out of it, I am all ears?