PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2016, 08:03
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Helen also made this comment...
I'm a woman and a pilot, and I can tell you - Tracey has achieved nothing worth mentioning! Amy Johnson did; she flew solo to Australia many years ago, with no back-up and doing all the maintenance herself. Polly Vacher did when she flew solo round the world and raised huge amounts for charity. But Tracey has done...no more than I did when I flew all over California, low level in Russia, across a large part of Europe solo with no backup, etc etc etc...I could get my logbook and tell you, but I can't be bothered. And I'm just an ordinary pilot, nothing special. This is what we do!!!!!
Nik Coleman of Plane Resurrection has posted this on social media.
So I don't know the facts here so I'm not going to comment on solo or not. I am not a pilot. I am however a TV Producer with a series on historic aircraft showing all over the world and a second in production, including one episode about the Stearman, and I know and fly with a number of female pilots, one of whom flies a B29 Superfortress. The editing of the documentary that I saw from Cape Town to UK was at best... IMHO.. anomalous - and led me to feel it (I'm not saying you Tracey) was out to mislead. I felt awkward watching it. There were some glaring continuity issues that may have helped feed this particular fire.