PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic Logbook
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2016, 05:07
SandPitted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried MCCpilot but found it missing far too many needs for long haul flying. You can't enter 4 pilots to define who was the operating PIC, relief Capt, operating FO or relief FO, aircraft types and their variations are very limited (e.g., engine types), you can't add a new aircraft to your mobile app as it must first be done on your computer first, there is a limit to how many airframes are accessible on your mobile device. It is far, far from intuitive..... You need a doctorate in computing science it seems to navigate the different needs. It's definitely still not Mac friendly as they admitted to me over several emails (work in progress they said).

I tried 3 times to export my data across to MCCpilot: sending the info to MCCpilot directly for them to work out why their were so many glitches. When I finally imported my complete flying history electronically to MCCpilot there were hundreds if not thousands of errors. Their advice was for me to simply go back and fix them 1 by 1, OR, multi-select entries to make sweeping changes to those entries. Eg, if in settings you set it up to say you're a Capt for EK then ALL aircraft and other pilots you've flown with that you've migrated across will have you labelled as the Capt and all aircraft as well as people working for or belonging to EK. 20+ years of entries to fix? No thanks. I despise LogTenPro's greed but sadly they offer all that MCCpilot doesn't.

I ended up paying for a 3 year mobile subscription and then plan to buy for the 1 off fee the desktop application. For the cost less than a beer a month it is still (sadly) the best electronic log book going.