PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2016, 18:56
olivermitch99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways Future Pilot Programme

Hello all! Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section.

I am 14, turning 15 in January and in Year Ten. My dream is to become a pilot, and has been since the age of around six/seven.

In 2015, I attended the Pilot Careers Talk in London (November) and viewed several seminars there. I'd already had an idea of how I wanted to go about becoming a pilot, but that weekend was the making of me. From that point on, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

For my GCSE's I have picked Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Maths, Science (Double Award), RE, Geography, Spanish, and Music. With the new system I am aiming to achieve Level 8's (The old A Star) in all of my GCSE's, bar the exception of one or two like RE (Level 7), Englishes (Level 7) and maybe Maths (Level 7) or Music (Level 9). I know if I work extremely hard I am to gain those (which I will do of course).

I have achieved Bronze DofE and hope to gain Gold also (My school skips Silver to focus on GCSE's)

For A-Level I am to pick Maths, Physics and Spanish. I know Physics is extremely challenging but I love the subject.

From then, the British Airways Future Pilot Programme requires BBC - I can do better than that with hard work.

I would like to travel to Spain and undertake the FTE Jerez Training for British Airways. I know the chances are slim but all I can do for now is work hard.

Now, if you've read all that, thankyou!

My question: If I achieve the grades above, what are my chances of getting onto the course? I've been told by British Airways Pilots and FTE Jerez BA Cadets that my passion alone will be of advantage to me.

Thanks.