PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2016, 06:15
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Harry
Comments like that are part of the reason that London, and the so called London elite, are despised by the majority of the rest of the UK which was partly shown with the Brexit vote. This was not just about Europe, but also the detachment of London based politicians from those people living in the rest of the country. As for living in Mayfair and making Zillions on hedge funds, great if you can live in splendid isolation, but what of the rest of the population. I am fortunate enough to be well paid and keep a house in Yorkshire and a flat in central London, and I can tell you the attitude I found in the country compared with London pre Brexit vote about "stiffing Londoners" was alarming. But being a canny Yorkshire man even though I was against leaving, I bet on the fact that we would, and did quite well out of it as well, though not the zillions you seem to be so impressed with a hedge fund gambler makes, as from my meetings and discussions with members of that profession, that appears to be largely what it is, high stakes gambling.

Have a good weekend.

Regards
Mr Mac