PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2016, 07:17
SVA320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello folks,
As far as I'm concerned, I joined the Airline one year ago. Yes I agree, training is long and painful, yes I agree the rate of failures is high and the process is painful to be released to line. But what I've been told was true eventually, I mean if you survive the training. Flying in the Kingdom is Something smooth and rewarding. Most of time my professionnal life is really enjoyable. Unfortunately, beside my job my family life is poor because I'm still housed in a hotel in Jeddah. Therefore unable to have family joining me for now. I was aware of the fact I was signing a non commuting contract,..., so complain about that.
The only issue I could complain about is future and money. As you know JED is not the funniest place on earth to leave in, especially for a non muslim pilot, used to fly in Europe previously. And I must admit I was teased, more than one year ago, by the recruitment team during the interview abolut Saudi Airlines benefit package. The salary, based on overtime, was depicted as the best in the Middle East, and sure it used to be. But today, everybody is overstressed and scared about the near future to come. For the first time in the airline history, a major economical crisis is about to come, threatening the airline structure. Apparently, the management is targetting to stop overtime for everybody. As a consequence we should be paid basic salary from now on... As a consequence unfortunately, many of us can no longer stay if Financial conditions do not meet anymore our initial expectations, as promised intially...
Finally here this is my only concern for now.
Regards an safe flights