PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2016, 18:52
sprite1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sprite 1

After reading your pathetic posts can you please enlighten us as to why YOU HATE RYANAIR

As a BA Executive Club member BA is my first choice but if the fare is cheap for a quick breakaway I have no hesitation in flying Ryanair who incidentally are a much better airline than they were five years ago and I can't understand your point as to not giving your details on their website as Ayroplain points out this is common practice for most online purchases so why the big deal I just don't understand it!

Why do I hate Ryanair? You make it sound like it's something unusual!

I worked there for a number of years. When you see first-hand what goes on behind the scenes to make the fares as 'low' as they are and the planes push on time as often as they 'supposedly' do, it's hard to say, 'Yay!, thank god for MOL and his motley crew of middle managers for bringing in this near one click website.

Do people think in 18-24 months, they won't amend their terms & conditions to say we will now sell your details to third parties? 'Yeah, yeah, who cares', I hear the masses say. And that's if they actually notice! Now you have another layer of companies and their servers looking after your details.
Why don't you give them to me, I'll keep them safe, promise. And sure, it doesn't matter that you've never heard of me, I paid Ryanair good money for your details so he can repay the shareholders 500million in dividends, thanks to you!
Would you have approached these third parties independently beforehand? No, but it's ok to be cold contacted by them? How much money will Ryanair get? Surely, you should get a cut?

These airline data cultivation programs watch your browsing habits, working out how many times you'll browse before finally hitting buy. If you saw me outside your window, taking notes of how many people are in your house, when you're going away, how often and to where, let's just say you won't be inviting me in. So why invite Ryanair and numerous other third party companies salivating at the thought of their next million.

This is one of those never-ending arguments, ladies & gents. People will step over their burning granny, if it means getting to Malaga for £29. I wouldn't but as we agreed above, that's the choice we have with competition.

I'm sure O'Leary would agree.

Personally, I would've suggested retaining a link to purchase without registering/logging in.