PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2016, 17:23
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't think PW would want the industry starting to question their business ethics for taking such an approach to solving problems like this, if what you're suggesting were true. But, if that's what you think... Ok. I think it's simply a proportionate amount to each OEM.

Highlights from a recent newspaper article I read, said.
  • Pratt & Whitney, a long-time engine supplier to Bombardier, say that C Series engine deliveries should normalize next year. They planned to deliver around 200 engines this year, but that number is closer to 150. (What's that, 25% less)
  • Bombardier knew about the delay before it was announced in September, which is why they cut their 2016 delivery forecast from 15 to 7. They could recover their (delivery) schedule, next year.
  • The PW1524 engine has 800 parts on it, but it’s about 5 parts that are causing them pain. One of the five parts identified was the engine’s fan blades. It's taking 60 days to make the blades, but PW says it needs to be 30 (days). Apparently the fan blades are one of the last parts to go on the engine. Pratt & Whitney say they've got a lot of inventory waiting to be shipped.
  • Pratt & Whitney have said they would be able to deliver between 350 and 400 Geared Turbofans in 2017, in spite of the “huge ramp in production.” So, between 175 and 200 aircraft next year.
  • Bombardier have agreements in place to compensate for missing delivery dates that they expect to be honoured.

Willie