PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 17th Nov 2016, 14:45
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
At the grand old age of 42 I found I was using my iPhone light to read the menu in dark restaurants and even though most people don't need reading glasses until around 45, I ended up getting my first pair of progressives.

They take a bit of getting used to as you now need to move your head around to find the sweet spot but it becomes second nature fairly quickly. The only thing I dislike is when I look at the overhead panel. It requires me to tilt my head all the way back and can be a pain in the neck, literally.

I started out with rodenstock lenses and they were outstanding. I'm now using varilux lenses and they're not as good. I need to move my head around more. If you can get rodenstock lenses, I'd recommend it. They're not cheap but you'll notice the difference between a cheap lens and an expensive one.

VG, I just noticed you're in Sydney. I got my progressives from the following place in the Dymocks Building. Can't recommend them enough and they do rodenstock lenses. They'll take the time to discuss the various options and cost.

http://johndellamartaoptometrists.com.au

Last edited by Kenny; 17th Nov 2016 at 15:05. Reason: Additional info