PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US FAA Credit Card....Don't leave home without it!
Old 11th Aug 2003, 04:54
George Semel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its about time, I thought the FAA should have done it back in the 1980's when the States were going from a lamanated paper to a plastic card for driver license. On the other side its got the Wright Brothers for a back ground. I like it, its a great improvment to what we been use too. They can do all kinds of things with these type of cards. You could put a chip in them, and on it all the current information needed to comply with the pilot impovement act of 1996. You could run a check right then and there and reduce both time,paper work and costs. The only thing is that they are going to issue them to new applicants, and to anybody that wants a replacement. I would require that a new pilot certificate be applied for at the time of a new flight physical. This way the Feds can get all the old certificates void, and the new ones issued over the next 6 month to 36 months. I don't think they really want to do that. Then again, if it was really about security conserns, there would be a notice in the mail, to get this done and with in a time frame.