PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2016, 09:37
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sprite1
Are people actually that OK with uploading their credit card details and passport numbers to an online server belonging to a very public company? ..........I think it's mad to be storing all that kind of info on a server you know nothing about...It's nothing more than a mass data cultivation project for their own benefit sold as an enhancement of the overall experience for the passenger. .
Millions of passengers around the world chose to store their data on airline websites (including those of BA/Aer Lingus) and know nothing about the servers they are stored on. Millions more people use the likes of Amazon, Netflix. All of these airlines and organisations use this "mass data cultivation" in the same way as you suggest Ryanair will do. Fair enough if you feel you can't do that yourself. I assume you don't do online banking either where any breach would be much more costly than the loss of one credit card.

Ryanair offer the use of PayPal as well where no card details are held. I think your own personal dislike of Ryanair (nothing wrong with that if that's how you feel) has clouded your judgement on this occasion.