PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2016, 08:08
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's still 5.2m Dom pax which ok I concede is down to 47% but compared to BHX which is about 12% or 1.2m Pax, Edinburgh is still very reliant on Domestic pax and the footfall for their shopping mall. There's not going to be 5.2m new intl pax to fill the old terminal any day soon. This is why the problems of the common departure area brings I.e. Airside transfers are prohibited for international arrivals is here to stay. The only solution I can see involves a lot of money & completely rebuilding the airport. The current add a little bit here and there hasn't been a success in promoting a pleasant pax experience. The cow shed at IA2 & central search have been disaster for the airports image (see the pax comments left at GLA & even I've seen at LGW comparing how much better security was than EDI). I believe the airport is planning to rebuild central search again after only two summers in operation, IA2 rebuilding which was meant to be replaced next year will be in 2020 and another piecemeal building. It's always great boasting about pax numbers, growth here, growth there oh and new flight to wherever but the airport is in a shocking state from check-in, security, shopping mall, to lack of air bridges & arrival halls. I experience the airport 200 days a year but I just don't wear rose tinted glasses. Look at MUC, DXB, LHR TN2 & TN5 & many other airports.