PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SBRJ
Thread: SBRJ
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2016, 06:52
CReed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galaxy flyer
A HUD helps a lot, too. I have, for some reason, always come in from the west on the RNAV (GNSS) Y Rwy 02R approach or just off a visual inside Corcavado. It's not quite as tight as it looks, but demands some real hand flying. Time of day may have something to do with direction of landing, I think there is a wind shift that's fairly predictable.

WRT KCRQ, been there many times, a Global can lift 8-10 pax and about 29,000 pounds of fuel, call it 7 hours with plentiful reserves at M.85.

GF
Hello GalaxyFlyer

Out of curiosity, for the RNAV Y 02R approach from the west, is the visual portion of the approach a direct left hand turn as is illustrated on the chart or do you circle to the south to fly over the same beach as the RNP W approach (the one I've stuck the red arrow below)? I only ask because the videos on Youtube all show planes flying over that beach to the south and there really doesn't seem much time to line up on final, even from there. Also, if you do circle over that southern beach, do you tend to start the turn a little way before RJ034?

Kind regards

Charlie Reed