PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar airways MPL program guaranteed be a QR pilot?
Old 16th Nov 2016, 14:39
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airmann, not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious

The one thing i'd say is that as an MPL graduate, you have very low hours, it would take 2 years +/- for you to even reach 1500, that's 3 years left on your bond. 3 years of build up time and you're on your way to be given a chance to upgrade seat or fleet. Given the conditions at QR, im hearing the upgrades are there, like mentioned before, they, like many airlines have huge orders coming up over the next few years, a good sign for a guy who would be coming off a 5 yr bond.

OMAAbound i fully get where your friend is coming from, he probably has enough hours to transfer even airlines if he wanted but with the bond he's restricted. All i can say, is that when making the decision, you must factor in that you will be on the a320 for 5 years, that's a given. I'm sure his time will come, best of luck to him.

Boo4095 - no airline would transfer you on the basis of 1500 a320 hrs and an ATPL....as said time and time again, there is a seniority list and although not written, your seniority basically starts the day you pass 1500 and get ATPL. On your resume, you would have to separate your MPL hours from your ATPL. Given this, they'd take the guy who had 2000+ hours jet time before joining first. MPL is like a doctor in residency, after 4 years, you start to cash in the reward, whatever that may be. This is one of the drawbacks of MPL, you are restricted to the airline, aircraft, and seat position for a set time.